Shea butter, often referred to as women’s gold, is a rich source of healthy fats. Most people only use shea butter as a cosmetic with only a few using it as an edible source of fat. Discover how to make jollof with shea butter.
Heaped tablespoon of shea butter
1/2 kilo of goat meat
2 star anise
2 thumbs of ginger
6 cloves of garlic
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon of curry powder
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
5 Blended fresh tomatoes and pepper
3 cups of Jasmine rice
1 tablespoon of blended ginger and garlic
1. Steam your goat in a little water, star anise, cloves, ginger, garlic, pepper, salt. Reserve stock
2. Place shea butter in pot and once melted, add goat meat and fry until browned on all sides
3. Add chopped onion and green pepper. Add curry powder and fry until the onions are soft.
4. Mix a few teaspoons of water together with the tomato paste and add to pot. Cook for 7 minutes stirring frequently to avoid burning. Add stock.
5. Add blended tomatoes and pepper. Cook on medium heat for about15-25 minutes until the oil rises on top.
6. Add blended ginger and garlic.
7. Add rice and boiling water if needed to cook the rice. Check and adjust seasoning. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat, cover the pot and cook slowly until the rice is cooked.
8. Enjoy with green salad or steamed vegetables.
Very tasty! Share your thoughts with us.